Thursday, December 13, 2007

Congratulations

I have actually heard of and respect three of the five artists nominated for Best Country Instrumental for the 2008 Grammy. I do not own the other two albums (Andy Statman, Russ Barenburg) but I own this one:
The Greencards are nominated for Mucky the Duck. Written by Kym Warner, their mandolin player. It's a cool little bluegrass type acoustic jam. It has the great Bryon Sutton on guitar.
The tune is off the Viridian album, which in my opinion is alright. I enjoy about half the songs. It is an acoustic affair somewhat like a mature Nickel Creek. Kym Warner is a very good mandolin player. The Greencards are Carol Young on vocals and bass and Eamon McLoughlin on fiddle. On this album they are joined by Bryon on guiotar and Larry Attamanuik on drums (from Jerry Douglas' band, among others).

Mucky The Duck

This tune is more of what the Grreencards sound like:

River of Sand

oh, and I have to credit Lizwalker1975 for the great Mucky Duck photo.

No comments: