Friday, December 7, 2007

Zuba

This was a funky, dance, jammy, bar band out of Boulder during the nineties. They are really hard to classify; which I consider a compliment. I never saw them live when they were a quintet as they are here on this album. This album is really fun and hard to pin down and always fun to revisit now and again. I was friends with Liza , who is the lead singer and lead guitarist. She is a wonderful talent. A remarkable singer; I think of her as a sultry Bonnie Raitt. I remember when we lived in T-town together and she would play some Raitt covers just her and her acoustic guitar. She does 95% of the guitar work here I believe; at least, she does all the electric duties. She has a great funk rhythm style. As it is hard to pin this group down, I am throwing a few songs up to enjoy.

Keep On Movin

Bring your Love To Me

Song 34


And my personal favorite:

Sunrise On The Road

No comments: