Friday, December 14, 2007

Seven Angels On A Bicycle

This is a pretty cool album that I have just recently picked up. I had heard that she plays mandolin as well as her primary instrument fiddle. There is no mandolin on this album but there is a really talented band including: Bill Frisell, Greg Leisz, Viktor Krauss, Kenny Wollesen, and Chip Taylor. The other thing I was bummed about was that none of the tunes were written by her. She co-wrote a few songs and did one cover. This album is kind of like ambient americana, country with atmosphere. It is a very good listen and is hard to single out one song. The title track is strong but I just can't get myself to post just the first track to turn someone on to an album. That said, here is the cover, written by Dirk Powell.

Waterbound

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haven't given a listen yet but I just have to say thank you for the image...damn!